Friday, November 30, 2007

It pays to be a little EXTREME. some say EXTRA

Yesterday, I had 2 open-book papers -Ecology and Lifeforms. The former started at 9am while the later at 5pm. And since both modules sort of compliment each other, I decided to bring notes for both modules into either exams.


As such, I prepared a basket full of notes and textbooks to bring into the examination room. It was really heavy with the notes and the distance from my car to the room was quite far. As such, I entered the room panting and the invigilator was extremely shocked that I brought so many stuff into the room! Nevertheless, she had to allow me because afterall, it was an open book examination. It was about 15mins before the start of the paper.

10 mins before the paper began, when I finally managed to recover from 'exhaustion from carrying', I started laying my notes and textbooks for lifeforms, on the HUGE table in front of me, in such a manner that everything were easily reachable. Notes for ecology were placed stacked up on the empty chair beside me. Proud of the arrangements, I sat down and waited for the question and answer paper to be issued, having the idea that the module tested at that time was Lifeforms.

The first thing I received the answer paper was to start writing my number and the relavent informations on the booklet. Being a """CAREFUL""" person, I looked at the module code on the question paper before copying it down on the answer booklet. I was SHOCKED!

The module code, LSM3251, literally flashed in front of my eyes. Lifeforms was supposed to be LSM3261! Oh no! Was there a typo-error? When I looked lower, the module title read: Ecology and environmental processes. I suddenly felt as if I was transported from reality to the dreamland!

I felt as if i was in a suspension. For awhile, I couldn't react at all. All the while, I had the impression that Lifeforms paper was in the morning although the exams details was pasted conspiciously on my wall.

When I finally got back my senses, I scrambled to switch what was on the table with that on the chair, rearranging the newly placed notes on the table. Then, I mentally re-tuned my brain to think ecology instead of Lifeforms, which was orginally in my mind. This last minute tuning was indeed very stressful although I, sort of, managed before the paper began.

The consolation was that I had prepared for both papers the day before instead of leaving the other for the break in between the papers. Phew....

Although I eventually did not even refer to notes from the complemented module, I did not regret spending all the efforts bringing the basket full of notes into the room, which really saved my life... in Life Science Modules examinations...

PS. What a stunter.........

Note: I did not bring the dog into the examination room as well. This picture was taken upon request of Vivien Sng

2 Comments:

Blogger Sivasothi said...

My goodness, you just have to give yourself some excitement, right?!

7:02 PM  
Blogger juanicths said...

woh~~~ luckily for u that they were BOTH open bks on the same day~~~

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home