Tuesday, May 02, 2006

aN UmBreLla with hOles

Went to church today to help in the traffic control for the carnival… The weather was quite good initially. However, after about 20mins into duty, there was a sudden HEAVY DOWNPOUR... So, James Ong, our IC went to get umbrella for my partner and me…

After about 20mins into the rain, I could feel parts of my shirt was wet… The umbrella does not serve its purpose at all…. Then, I felt water dripping through the umbrella… WHAT!! To my surprise, I saw a few holes in the umbrella!!! Argh…. Oblivious that there was a few more umbrellas, I just stupidly endured with “hole-ly umbrella”… At the end of the downpour, I was almost completely wet!!!

Fortunately, the sun came out and eventually dried me up…

Other noteworthy issue of the day:

One of my friend visited my church’s carnival today, on the rational that she felt that God wants her to be there… She went to talk to a few strangers, including Gurmit Singh… Though I initially felt weird that her, a 20-year-old person attending a carnival catered for kids…
Anyway, a word of exhortation for her: What seems illogical to man may not be illogical in the heavenly realms… And, my friend, I salute you for taking a step of FAITH to do the ‘illogical’ upon prompting … This is FAITH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home