Sunday, November 19, 2006

'There is a fountain' - hymn

“There is a fountain filled with blood
drawn from Emmanuel's veins;”

Today, while in church worshiping God, the hymn ‘There is a fountain’ was played. When the song started, the opening words touches me and brought me to my kneel.

Right before my eyes, I saw myself in the Holy of holies! Then I remember that not everyone have access to this place unless we are blameless. But how can I be blameless for the scripture said ‘for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God’. So, how can I ever be in the Holy of holies, unless I can be cleanse off my sins.

Yes! True enough, now I am blameless before the sight of God because of this ‘blood that flowed from the Emmanuel’s vein’. That’s the reason why I can access to the Holy of holies and have intimacy with my almighty and loving Father. That by man’s effort I could never achieved it, but by my Saiour’s blood.

The words above spoke to me a lot.

Firstly, it reflected the everlasting grace of God. It was reflected using a fountain which is always flowing. Likewise, the grace of God flows freely for anyone who receives.

Second, it was about the accessibility to the grace. Fountains are usually found in public places where as many people can enjoy its beauty. This reminded me that everyone can access to this grace flowing into our lives (and I am one of the exclusive everyone).

Lastly, it reflected the marvelous love of my Saviour. Though, He is so almighty, yet he is our Emmanuel, which means he is always with us. What have we done to deserve such intimacy with Him. Nothing! Yet he still allowed his veins to be pieced so that we could enjoy this love so richly that ‘lose all (our) guilty stains’ as we ‘plunged beneath that flood’.

“Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13

Scripture reference to the song:

Zech 13:1

Luke 23:42

Rev 14:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home