Saturday, December 29, 2007

Winter Korea.. Exciting?

When I told some of my friends that I was visiting Korea, their first reaction would be: "Whao, winter, snow... so exciting.. " For the inhabitants of the tropical region, experiencing winter can be exciting for many, afterall its something new for the first-timers. However, is it really that fun to be in those weather? For me is NO!


To be in that climatic conditions, I had to wear several layers to keep warm. For people like me who is used to shorts + T-shirt, it can be excessive troublesome for me. So I arrived at Korea's airport in this:
And was eventually forced to upgrade to these:


And despite all the coverings, my body still lose heat very quicky to the surroundings. So, everywhere, I would have natural affinity towards the heaters & radiators:




Hmm, seems like I am not the only one attracted to these.....

Anyway, the temperature outside was so cold that condensation fogged up our windows in the coach, so thick that we couldn't even see the shadows of the outside world. Which means no sight-seeing while on coach.

Ponds were frozen as well...

Even trees were covered with ice..

And 'butt-prints' can be seen on the benches..

Although, this can be fun for some, expecially kids


It was very inconvenient for me, like walking on slippery ice-covered ground. I almost slipped and fell.


Anyway, while walking in the open along the streets of Seoul, I noticed some girls dressing like these (was told that its this year's Korean winter fashion):

Wonder how they withstand the cold... for the sake of style...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home