Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Last few days in China

After arriving in Suzhou, we stayed there for 2 nights, before taking a flight back via Pudong Int Airport.

Last factory and dinner
In the morning after a night of comfortable rest, my dad called the representative of the last factory to indicate that we would like to visit the factory. The reprentative sent a vehicle to pick us up to the factory where we spent the entire day there before being brought for dinner.

Alcohol was again served.

8% is nothing... after 12%.
Being a careful person, my dad asked for the alcohol % when the hard liqueur were served. When the waitress read 8%, my dad's face suddenly radiated with confidence, knowing that he will be able to take it.

So immediately, he toasted the host and daringly drank the whole glass. He had no choice but to follow suit.

Later, the host made a mistake. He toasted each of us individually, maybe due to his inexperiences. When reached my turn, after toasting, the side of my eyes noticed that he was observing how much I will drink. Sensing that he is going to follow suit after me, I bottomed up!

He followed. For me, the alcohol did not hit me like the previous time. Saved. But for him, could see his face extremely red after that. Striked! Haha...

This really made him learnt his lesson. The subsequent tooast were directed to everyone and could see that he only sipped after the toast.

After dinner, we were sent back to our hotel.

Met 红霞, she was extremely rosy!
Upon arrival, I hoped on to a cab to meet 红霞. Upon seeing her, I almost couldn't recognise her. Her cheeks were extremely rosy. This may be due to the constant exposure to the cold.

Anyway, we went to the nearby coffee house for a chat until about 11pm. Thereafter, I sent her home before going back to my to rest and prepare for my journey back the next day

And we were waved goodbye by snow
To go to the airport, we took a 3hr coach ride from on of the China Eastern Airlines branch office in Suzhou.

Upon arrival at the airport, it began snowing. It was a nice experience expecially seeing it from the heated indoors. There, we saw the snow flakes floated gently down to the ground.

However, due to the snow, our flight was delayed from taking off because it had to be de-iced. It was after we had board the plane. As such, patiently wait for the process. What made the process longer was that the airport only had 2 de-icing trucks, and there was a queue of aircraft for the process.

Hence, we were delayed for more than half hour before our journey back home started.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home